Meet our leadership, staff, and advisors.
UROP activities are managed by the program director, professional staff, and our Faculty Advisory Committee. Under Dr. Chip Celenza’s leadership, UROP is committed to igniting student passions, expanding research opportunities, and engaging faculty mentors. Call us at 617-353-2020, send us an email at email@example.com, or stop by the office to get to know us better.
Faculty Advisory Committee
The Faculty Advisory Committee advises staff on matters of academic policy and reviews applications for most UROP awards. Full-time BU faculty members from all disciplines are invited to join the committee. If you are interested in joining , contact our office (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr. Chip Celenza (email@example.com).
Members for 2021–2022:
- Elizabeth Bettini, Wheelock Special Education
- John Celenza, CAS Biology
- Daniel Cifuentes Buira, MED Biochemistry
- Brianne Connizzo, ENG Biomedical Engineering
- Mahesh Karra, CAS Pardee School of Global Studies
- Joseph Larkin, CAS Biology and Physics
- Shawn Lyons, MED Biochemistry
- Alyssa Novak, CAS Earth and Environment
- Lucia Pastorino, CAS Neuroscience
- Joshua Pederson, CGS Humanities
- Sheila Russo, ENG Mechanical Engineering
- Ben Siegel, CAS History
- Jacqueline Sims, Wheelock Center on the Ecology of Early Development
- Joe Tien, ENG Biomedical Engineering
- LaDora Thompson, SAR Physical Therapy & Athletic Training
- John Tullai, CAS Neuroscience
- Bob Varelas, MED Biochemistry
- Arash Yazdanbakhsh, CAS Psychological & Brain Sciences