|The new MyPrint changes are here! To set up the new printers, please see our Configure Printer On Device page.|
Available to: Students, Faculty, Researchers, Staff, Departments
Cost: See cost details below.
- See Getting Started, below.
MyPrint allows you to print from any computer on the BU campus network (or off campus if connected through the VPN), including your own. You can print to various Boston University printers, including those in the Print Center at Mugar Memorial Library.
Print to convenient locations distributed throughout campus. Release print jobs when you’re ready to pick them up, at the location that is convenient for you. Use Convenience Points to pay for print jobs beyond your normal semester allocation. Preview printing costs before printing.
- Available from any computer on the BU campus network or connected through the BU VPN.
- Allows you to view your current page allocation, manage your print jobs, and view your printing history.
- Integrated with the Convenience Points system.
New Features Starting in January 2017
- More printers.
- More locations.
- Simplified printer installation.
- Color printing is now available.
- Submit print jobs via the web (limited to PDF, DOC/DOCX, XLS/XLSX , PPT/PPTX, XPS, JPG, GIF, PNG, TIFF and BMP file formats).
- Just swipe your ID card on any MyPrint printer to release your job.
What to Expect
This service normally will be available 24 by 7 except for standard change windows, as described in IS&T’s standard policies, procedures, and schedules for making changes.
- Printing from a personal computer requires initial configuration.
- Printing from off campus requires that you use the VPN client to connect to the campus network.
- To print jobs beyond your normal semester allocation, you will need Convenience Points.
- Each undergraduate student is allocated 100 sheets of paper per semester for black and white printing.
- Most graduate students are allocated 500 sheets per semester for black and white printing.
- Once your allocation has been exhausted, a per sheet charge will be applied via the University Convenience Points system.
- Black and white prints will be charged $0.08 per sheet for either single or double-sided printing.
- On the Charles River Campus, allocations will be reset each semester. Please note that unused allocations from the previous semester will not carry over.
- The cost for color printing is $0.25 for single-sided or $0.40 for double-sided.