Welcome to Your Pardee School!
In 2014 we opened our doors to nearly 1,000 students thanks to a generous $25 million gift from Boston University Alumnus Frederick S. Pardee, and the Pardee School was buzzing with activity even on its very first day.
Mr. Pardee’s transformative gift made it possible to bring together under one umbrella Boston University’s long-standing Department of International Relations and seven thematic and regional centers of studies, namely the African Studies Center, the Latin American Studies program, the Center for the Study of Asia, the Center for the Study of Europe, the Middle East and North Africa Studies program, the Institute for the Study of Muslim Societies & Civilizations and the Institute on Culture, Religion, and World Affairs.
Therefore, if you graduated from any of these programs, you are one of the roughly 9,000 BU Pardee School alumni spread out in 100 countries across the globe.
We are eager to hear from you and we encourage you to stay in touch —
- Follow us on Twitter and jump in on the conversation with Pardee faculty and students.
- Follow us on LinkedIn and, if you haven’t, update your education profile to “Boston University – Frederick S. Pardee School of Global Studies (Pardee School)” – this will make it easier to network and connect with you fellow alumni.
- Sign up for our e-newsletter to keep up with faculty, student and alumni news, and to learn about our upcoming events, which you are always welcome to attend.
- Email us and let us know about your employment, research, publications, and other accomplishments. We love featuring alumni in our weekly newsletter!
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram.
- Visit us anytime on campus at 121 Bay State Road or virtually at bu.edu/PardeeSchool.
We are proud of every single one of our alumni and value having you in the BU Pardee School alumni family. Current students look up to you as their role model so please consider mentoring a current student or young alumni by connecting with them on LinkedIn. Also, let us know if you would like to visit BU as a guest speaker. There are many ways to help and we welcome your help.
Finally, we ask that you make a gift to BU and designate your gift to the Frederick S. Pardee School of Global Studies Fund. Your gift in any amount will have a direct impact on the overall student experience at the BU Pardee School, specifically in our ability to provide travel grants to students who wish to do field study in a specific region. Our students have travelled to regions of Africa to research on human rights issues, to Peru as part of a global development research, to Jordan to study the refugee crisis, to Geneva be among policy makers… Your gift will allow us to educate students who truly know about the world.
Know that wherever you are in the world or wherever you go in the world, you always have a place at BU Pardee School.