Archiving and Sharing Services
In addition to the services offered by IS&T here at BU, there are a number of external data archives already established, some for general academics, and some discipline specific. Below are some of the larger options.
- Dryad — Dryad is an international repository of data underlying peer-reviewed articles in the basic and applied biosciences.
- The Dataverse Network — The Dataverse Network is an open source application to publish, share, reference, extract and analyze research data. (Harvard)
- DataOne — Data Observation Network for Earth (DataONE) is poised to be the foundation of new innovative environmental science through a distributed framework and sustainable cyberinfrastructure that meets the needs of science and society for open, persistent, robust, and secure access to well-described and easily discovered Earth observational data.
- ICPSR (Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research) — ICPSR provides leadership and training in data access, curation, and methods of analysis for a diverse and expanding social science research community.
- OpenData from Science 3.0 –Science 3.0 offers free CC0 RDF Hosting For Scientists.
- Public Data Sets on AWS (Amazon Web Services) –Public Data Sets on AWS provides a centralized repository of public data sets that can be seamlessly integrated into AWS cloud-based applications.
- NCBI — National Center for Biotechnology Information — From the NIH (National Institutes of Health