Each year, thousands of parents participate in a fundraising effort to provide deans and administrators with flexible monies they can use to address BU students’ most immediate needs. Financial aid, facilities improvements, and student-life programs all benefit from these yearly contributions—as do the richness and diversity of every BU student’s experience. You can do your part by giving to the Parent Fund.
We encourage you to take the time to explore our website to learn more about specific programs and ways to be active members of the BU community.
Ask a Question
Got questions? You can e-mail the Parent Fund.
Important Dates Fall Semester 2013
- August 31–September 1 Move-In Weekend
- Sunday, September 1 Matriculation, 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 3 Classes begin
- Monday, October 14 Columbus Day, no classes
- October 18–October 20 Parents Weekend (Registration will be available through the Orientation website in late September, but make hotel reservations early as this is a busy weekend in Boston!)
- Friday, October 19 Parent Fund reception
- Tuesday, November 26 Residence dining service suspended after dinner
- Wednesday, November 27 Residences close for Thanksgiving recess
- November 27–December 1 Thanksgiving recess, no classes
- Sunday, December 1 Residences open and dining services resume with dinner
- Monday, December 2 Classes resume
- Wednesday, December 11 Last day of classes
- December 12–15 Study Period
- December 16–20 Final Exams
- Friday, December 20 Residence dining service suspended after dinner
- Saturday, December 21 Residences close at noon for winter recess