Each year, thousands of parents participate in a fundraising effort to provide deans and administrators with flexible monies they can use to address BU students’ most immediate needs. Financial aid, facilities improvements, and student-life programs all benefit from these yearly contributions—as do the richness and diversity of every BU student’s experience. You can do your part by giving to the Parent Fund.
Ask a Question
Got questions? You can e-mail the Parent Fund.
Important Dates Fall Semester 2014
- August 30–August 31 Move-In Weekend
- Sunday, August 31 Matriculation, 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 2 Classes begin
- September 18 – September 21 Alumni Weekend
- Monday, October 13 Columbus Day, no classes
- October 17–October 19 Parents Weekend (Registration will be available through the Orientation website in late September, but make hotel reservations early as this is a busy weekend in Boston!)
- Tuesday, November 25 Residence dining service suspended after dinner
- Wednesday, November 26 Residences close for Thanksgiving recess
- November 26–November 30 Thanksgiving recess, no classes
- Sunday, November 30 Residences open and dining services resume with dinner
- Monday, December 1 Classes resume
- Wednesday, December 10 Last day of classes
- December 11–14 Study Period
- December 15–19 Final Exams
- Friday, December 19 Residence dining service suspended after dinner
- Saturday, December 20 Residences close at noon for winter recess
BU parents can find additional resources and opportunities to engage with the BU community through the BU Parents Program.