International student can start out by registering for BU First Class, a free online noncredit pre-arrival course designed to prepare incoming international students for their transition to the BU classroom and community.
International students should begin the student visa process as soon as possible. Admitted international students can expect to receive an email from the Graduate Admissions Office with details regarding starting this process. Learn more about obtaining your visa.
Refer to these resources for a broad range of international student needs.
- International Students & Scholars Office – immigration questions and compliance with federal regulations
- International Students & Scholar Hub (COMPASS) – Housing, academics, careers & employment, and community resources
- Boston University International Student Organization
- Graduate Chinese Students & Scholars Association
- Korean Graduate Students Association