The Mark W. Riemen Summer Research Prize was established by family, classmates, and colleagues in memory of Mark W. Riemen (CAS ’75), a distinguished research scientist.
The award supports an undergraduate summer research project in the amount of $6,000 for salary and a $500 Supplies Award. The award alternates annually between students working with faculty members from CAS Chemistry one year and Biology the next. Criteria for the award include research experience and academic achievement.
Awardees will be selected from the funded UROP applicant pool.
Antonin Knirsch is a Chemistry major conducting research with Professor Aaron Beeler on a project titled “Access to Asymmetrical Classical Lignan Natural Product Aryl-Naphthalene Scaffolds Using Alpha Cyano Substituted Epoxides via Photoredox Catalysis.”
- Amelia Pfaff received the 2021 Riemen Prize.
- Jonathan Harris received the 2020 Riemen Prize.
- Roxanna Altus received the 2019 Riemen Prize.
- Billie Goolsby received the 2018 Riemen Prize.
- David (Yuekun) Lui received the 2017 Riemen Prize.
- Daniel Leman received the 2016 Riemen Prize.
- Jake Awtry received the 2015 Riemen Prize.
- Elizabeth Becker received the 2014 Riemen Prize.
- Olivia Hallett-Ebeling received the 2013 Riemen Prize.
- Ampon Sae Her received the 2012 Riemen Prize.
- Jason Godfrey received the 2011 Riemen Prize.
- John Facendola received the 2010 Riemen Prize.
- David Paik received the 2009 Riemen Prize.
- Rachel Tsui received the 2008 Riemen Prize.