Available to: Students, Faculty, Staff
- See Getting Started, below.
Using your existing BU login, access both common and specialized applications from anywhere, at any time, even when computer labs or libraries are inaccessible. Applications only available on Windows can be used seamlessly on other platforms, including Macs or mobile devices.
- Access common or specialized software from anywhere, at any time, by installing only one application
- Connect to a full library of software without consuming resources on your personal device
- Use multiple applications at the same time
- Modify files on your local computer using Remote Desktop folder redirection
What to Expect
BU Common from Anywhere uses Microsoft Windows Virtual Desktop. See the Azure status portal for current service status and past incidents.
- Microsoft Remote Desktop application, available for Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android. Installation instructions can be found in Getting Started.
To access BU Common from Anywhere, you will need to download and configure the Microsoft Remote Desktop application. Please use the following links to find the version you need: