Boston University’s IS&T bases their IT service management delivery on best practice framework called ITIL. Below you can find some information on the most up to date version of ITIL, which is ITIL 4. For more in depth information about further training, please consult with your manager.
- Here is a quick 5 minute video that gives you an overview of ITIL 4.
- ITIL white paper: Everything you want to know about ITIL in one thousand words.
- ITIL’s official website.
For a 22 minute overview of IT Service Management specifically at Boston University, view this material on Terrier eDevelopment (available for BU staff only).
- The IT Service Management Forum (itSMF, http://itsmfusa.org/) is a well-known group offering many resources and holding a big convention each year.
- Educause has a constituent group for ITIL in Higher Education. Googling Educause ITIL produces many other results.
- LinkedIn (www.linkedin.com) has several groups related to ITIL, including
- IT Service Management Forum
- ITIL Tools (Software, Systems, Templates, Documents, Reviews)
- ITIL Training (Courses, Exams, Tips, Material)
- ITIL v2/v3 Service Management (ITSM) and ISO 20000 + Subgroups
- ITSM (ITIL) Professionals
- The itSMF New England Local Interest Group (http://itsmfusa.site-ym.com/members/group.aspx?id=87660) has a number of excellent presentations in and near Boston each year.
- Webinars related to ITIL can be found on the BrightTALK site.