Welcome to the Boston University School of Social Work Worcester Hybrid MSW Program! You have an exciting and challenging year ahead, and we look forward to guiding you through your graduate education at BUSSW. We realize that entering graduate school is a big commitment; we are happy to assist you. The following information will help you prepare to enter the program.
- Obtain Login Name and Kerberos Password
- Email Account
- The Student Link
- BUSSW OCP Incoming Student Checklist
- Academic Honesty Tutorial/PowerPoint
- Worcester Hybrid Information Central
- Register for Classes
- Verify Your Account
- Course Materials
- Review Your Campus Calendar
- Bridge to BU Online
- OLP Program Requirements for New Students 2019 – Attestation Form
Calendar of Class and Events: http://www.bu.edu/ssw/news/calendar/.
———– PRE-ENTRANCE ACTIVITIES ———–
Tuesday August 6, 2019, 5:30-7:30 PM – Worcester Hybrid Program Pre-Orientation
———– FALL 2019 SEMESTER ———–
September 3, 2019 – Orientation in Boston
September 10, 2019 – Classes begin for Worcester Hybrid Program
October 21, 2019 – Registration begins for Spring 2020 Semester
Tuesday, September 3, 2019
All Day in Boston
The Boston University School of Social Work Orientation for all incoming students provides you an opportunity to engage with the entire school, become familiar with its philosophy, and meet the dean, faculty, and administration.
Pre-Entrance Reading Requirement – Discussion at Orientation
Each year, the School requires that all incoming students read a specific book prior to entering the program. This is followed by a book discussion that occurs at Orientation. The following book was chosen as a response to the needs of diverse populations and in recognition of the role of race and ethnicity in meeting human needs:
The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness by: Michelle Alexander
Financial Aid Information for Worcester Hybrid Students
Boston University School of Social Work Worcester Hybrid Program students may be eligible for funding in the form of a Federal Direct Unsubsidized Direct Loan, private credit-based loans, tuition reimbursement through employers, and/or veterans benefits.
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan 2019 Fact Sheet
- SSW Student Expense Budget
- Private Scholarship Resources
- Credit-Based Loan Information
- Financial Aid Checklist
- Financial Aid Award Appeal Process
- Information About Your Financial Aid Award
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Policy
Tuition Payment Plan
Students and their families may choose to budget all or part of their academic charges in monthly installments with the Tuition Payment Plan.
Please click here for information on veterans services.
Important Resources for Incoming Students
Field Education Information
Part-time Students (Off-Campus and Worcester Hybrid Programs)
Incoming part-time students do not have a field placement during their first year. Additional information regarding field education: https://www.bu.edu/ssw/academics/field/.
Official Transcripts (All Students)
University-issued official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate, if applicable, institutions should be mailed to the Admissions and Financial Aid Office or sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 15. If you are currently completing the final semester of undergraduate study, an official copy of your transcript indicating that you received a bachelor’s degree must be mailed to the Admissions and Financial Aid Office by June 15.
Our mailing address is:
Boston University School of Social Work
Admissions and Financial Aid Office
264 Bay State Road
Boston, MA 02215
State Authorization and Distance Education
Boston University State Authorization and Distance Education Disclosures site provides a variety of information regarding distance education programs, including:
- Complaint Resolution information for Massachusetts, and each state;
- Information on the Refund Policy applicable to students in distance education programs;
- Information about distance education programs that lead to Licensure; and
- Authorizations by State: State-by-state authorizations and information, including complaint procedure information for the location and any state-specific disclosures.
Additional Information at: http://www.bu.edu/state-authorization/
- Susan Brostrup-Jensen, Director of the Worcester Hybrid Program
Cell: (617) 356-5771 Email: email@example.com
- Senior Program Coordinator
Office: (617) 353-2115 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Triages questions regarding administrative, campus, and course material information.
- Liana Pourrahimi, Administrative Assistant
Office: (617) 353-3766 Email: email@example.com