You may cancel your membership within three business days of your join date and receive a full refund per Massachusetts General Law. After that, your membership can be terminated on an involuntary or voluntary basis.
Involuntary membership cancellation
- Your status as a Boston University affiliate has changed and you are no longer eligible for membership.
- If your plan is monthly dues, your membership will continue until the last day of the month you became ineligible.
- If a member fails to abide by the policies outlined in the Membership Handbook, their membership may be suspended or canceled by management.
Voluntary membership/service cancellation
- You may choose to cancel your membership at any time, even though your Boston University affiliation has not changed, or if your Boston University affiliation has changed but you are still eligible for membership.
- Cancel your membership by completing the Cancellation Form below.
- No refund will be given for the month in which you cancel your membership and your membership will still be valid until the last day of the month.
- All membership cancellations must be received by the 25th of the month in order to avoid being charged for the following month.
Six-Month and Annual
- Pursuant with MA state law, the six-month and annual memberships may be cancelled for the following reasons. With documentation, a pro-rated refund based on the monthly rate will be issued.
- If upon a doctor’s order, you cannot physically or medically receive the services because of significant disability for a period in excess of three months.
- If you move either your residence or your place of employment more than twenty-five miles from FitRec (proof required).
- You must submit a completed cancellation form before December 25 to cancel before the January 1 through June 30 6-month membership period.
- You must submit a completed cancellation form before June 25 to cancel before the July 1 through December 31 6-month membership period OR before the July 1 through June 30 annual membership period.
- If you do not submit a cancellation form, your six-month or annual membership will automatically be renewed the first day it expires.
Fill out the FitRec Cancellation Form here: