Spring 2023 Office Hours
CS Department Office Hours
MET CS Staff are available to assist with topics such as:
- Department policy questions
- Program requirement clarifications
- Transfer credit/waiver requests
- Applications for graduation
- Program/Concentration change requests
Location: 1010 Commonwealth Avenue, 3rd Floor
Office Hours: Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Peer help via Zoom
Connect with on campus/blended course teaching assistants through Zoom Live Classrooms integrated into the Blackboard sites of each respective course. Please confirm meeting times directly with your course Teaching Assistant.
Peer help expectations :
- Students should come prepared with questions and topics they want to discuss.
- Peer helpers guide students in the understanding of core concepts and can help answer questions they may have.
- Peer helpers are not professors and students should not expect them to be field experts. Students looking for answers from an expert in the field should set up an appointment with their professor.
Peer Help Drop-In Hours
Teaching Assistant Office Hours
Tutoring for online students
Smarthinking™ is an award-winning online tutor service available to all online students free of charge. Smarthinking provides tutoring in a variety of subjects. The Smarthinking service may be used for Boston University online classwork only.
Faculty Office Hours
Full time faculty office hours are listed below or you may email faculty directly to schedule appointments. Part time faculty office hours are available on the course syllabus or you may email for an appointment.
Professor Eric Braude
Wednesdays & Thursdays 9:00 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. (online)
Tuesdays 11:30 p.m. – 12:30 p.m. (BRB 112)
Andrew Gorlin, Academic Advisor
Professor Suresh Kalathur
Mondays & Tuesdays 4 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. (1010 Commonwealth Avenue, 304)
Professor Vijay Kanabar
Mondays 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Professor Jae Young Lee
Tuesdays & Thursdays 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Professor Eugene Pinsky
Professor Reza Rawassizadeh