Online Tutoring with SMARTHINKING
Help when you need it, 24 hours a day! Anywhere, anytime.
Boston University is pleased to work with Smarthinking™, an award-winning online tutor service available to all online students free of charge. Smarthinking provides tutoring in a variety of subjects. The Smarthinking service may be used for Boston University online classwork only. Use of this service for personal purposes or for anything other than Boston University online classwork may result in deactivation of your account.
To use Smarthinking if you are a student:
- Log in to your course in Blackboard
- Click the Smarthinking link in the course menu
- Click Log in to Smarthinking
To use Smarthinking if you are an alum of an online degree program:
Alumni are emailed a username and password from Smarthinking support. Let us know if you do not receive them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
With Smarthinking students can:
Connect with a live tutor to receive support in these popular subjects:
- statistics, advanced statistics;
- basic math skills, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, calculus, mathematics beyond calculus, bilingual math;
- intro human A & P, biology, organic chemistry, general chemistry, physics;
- introductory finance, accounting, or economics.
See the full list of subjects available.
Submit your writing for any class to their Online Writing Lab.
Submit a question and receive a reply from a tutor.
With Smarthinking BU alumni have access to the following career services:
- Résumé and cover letter review
- Career writing — such as personal statements, employment profiles, and LinkedIn branding
- Live interview practice and coaching
Need Help using Smarthinking?
Once you log in, click the Support menu item for technical help and tutorials.
The Smarthinking Technical Support team is available to assist you. For any technical or customer service-related questions, please visit the Smarthinking Customer Service page.