Cinemathèque is the premier screening series of the Department of Film and Television. It is a series of screenings of important, innovative films and television programs and of meetings and conversations with film- and television-makers. All undergraduate and graduate FTV students are required to attend a Cinemathèque event during each of the Fall and Spring semesters.
A selection of previous Cinematheque guests:
- Paul Schrader (First Reformed, Raging Bull, Taxi Driver)
- Gregg Fienberg (Big Little Lies, Sharp Objects, True Blood)
- Jennifer Getzinger (Mad Men, Sex and the City)
- Josh & Benny Safdie (Uncut Gems, Good Times)
- Michael Gunn 2013) (Billions, The Newsroom)
- Thomas Elsaesser (Film theorist)
- Anna Wexler, Nadja Oertelt (Unorthodox)
- Nicole Savini (The Colbert Report)
- Paul Bernon (Yosemite)
- Stephanie Schiff (The Americans)
- Ed Zuckerman (Law & Order)
- Sam Sokolow (Genius series, Einstein)
- Jonathan Groff (Blackish, How I Met Your Mother)
- Kelly Reichardt (First Cow, Old Joy, Wendy & Lucy)
- Matt Pitts (Westworld, Fringe)
- Christina Voros (Yellowstone, Queen Sugar)
- Christian Roman (Luca, Toy Story 3)
- Timothy Palmer (Killing Eve, The Last Kingdom)
Information regarding upcoming Cinemathèque events will be sent out via the Film & Television Department newsletter. All events are held in-person unless otherwise noted.
For more information, contact the Department of Film and Television: email@example.com.