CAS Students:

Non-CAS Students:

Be sure to review the CAS and University requirements for transferring credits. Note: transfer courses do not earn BU Hub units. Be sure to review your college’s policy as well as the University policy on transferring credits. Note: transfer courses do not earn BU Hub units.

Transfer Credits

If you are a current BU student who plans to take courses at another university, follow the steps below.


This form is used to request a course substitution or alternative arrangement for Biology major or minor credit, including courses to count for the MS component of the BA/MS in Biology. If you have any questions about submitting a petition, you can email Veronica Lopez-Doherty.

Department Petition