Incomplete Coursework

University Policy

Graduate School of Arts & Sciences Policy

An incomplete grade (“I”) is used only when the student has conferred with the instructor prior to the submission of grades and offered acceptable reasons for the incomplete work. The instructor and student must sign a joint statement indicating the nature of the work and a date by which all course requirements must be completed. In the event that coursework remains incomplete on that assigned date, a grade will be assigned by the instructor.

Incomplete grades must be resolved within one year, at which time the grade will be converted to the final grade indicated on the I Grade Report form, or “F” if no grade is indicated.