The up-to-the-minute Activity Stream captures all the action in your courses.
You can see what’s new in all your courses and jump directly into course activities from the list. You don’t need to dig through the system or miss submissions important updates. You see a prioritized list of what’s relevant to you.
- Follow discussions as they happen, including the latest submissions.
- Take note of how many submissions are ready to grade. Instructors can also access new submissions from the stream. You can view an example in the assignments topic.
- Receive reminders about personal events and meetings.
- Enjoy a bird’s eye view of course activity and direct access to course items.
- Filter your view. Use the Filter menu and choose Show All, Assignments and Tests or Grades and Feedback.
Watch a video on the Activity Stream
You can choose the types of notifications you receive and how they’re delivered to you.
On your Activity Stream page, select the Stream Settings icon to open the Notification Settings panel. You can also access these settings from your profile page.
On your activity stream’s Notification Settings panel, you can choose which notifications you receive about activity in all your Original and Ultra courses:
- Activity stream: Choose which activities appear on your Stream page.
- Email: If you want to receive email notifications, add an email address to your profile page. Then, choose how often and which activities you want to receive notifications for.
- SMS: If you want to receive SMS text messages on your mobile phone, add a phone number to your profile page. Then, choose how often and which activities you want to receive notifications for.
- Push notifications: Messages pop up on your mobile device if you have the Blackboard app for students installed. You can select which notifications are sent to your device.
Watch a Video about Notifications
You can read more about managing your Blackboard notifications by clicking here