Blackboard Learn has been updated to incorporate the new Ultra Base Navigation. This new navigation has a modern look and feel and will save you time with simpler workflows and easier access to important information.
What is the Ultra Base Navigation?
It is a modern, intuitive navigation menu that lives outside of courses. It includes links to new pages such as the Activity Stream, Calendar, Messages, etc. that provide quick access to the most critical information consolidated from all your courses. From the moment you log in, you have access to core features in the menu where your name appears. You can easily return to the menu from wherever you are—even if you’re in a course. The menu appears in the background of the other layers you have open.
What does this mean for me?
This interface is the first step in introducing the next generation of the Blackboard Learning Management System. The navigation changes aim to reduce the time spent navigation the application and introduces more modern technology which yields a more mobile friendly and accessible dashboard. It also allows us to prepare for the next iteration of the Blackboard course, known as Ultra Course View
- The Blackboard dashboard that you first see when you login will be updated.
- Your Blackboard courses will not change. They will look and operate exactly as they do now.
How will this change the Blackboard experience?
- Modern, intuitive user experience. The new interface is less complex, more intuitive, and a more engaging user experience.
- Works well on mobile devices. Ultra navigation is designed to work well regardless of which device you’re using.
- Aggregates important information. All your course and organization information – like calendar, messages and grades – is now consolidated into one global view, minimizing the time spent navigating into each individual course.
- Only one click away. See something that needs your attention? Just click on it and you will be taken directly there, minimizing clicks and saving time.
- Optional Ultra Course View. With the Ultra Base Navigation, interested faculty will be able to pilot Blackboard’s new course interface, the Ultra Course View. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Where can I find more information?
This page has links in the left hand navigation which outline the new navigation features. If you’re interested in learning more, here are a few useful Blackboard websites:
- Blackboard Help: Assistance using the new Ultra Base Navigation
- Institution Page: Find information about your institution.
- Profile: Select your name in the list and make changes to your online persona.
- Activity Stream: See up-to-the-minute action for all of your courses.
- Courses: Navigate to past, present, and future courses.
- Organizations: Access the organizations that you lead or are a member of.
- Calendar: View course events and due dates for all your courses.
- Messages: View and send messages in all of your Ultra courses.
- Grades: See what needs grading across all your courses.
- Tools: Access global functions that are outside of your courses such as portfolios or the Content Collection.