Create a Grade Center Column
Get started using Grade Center by creating a column.
Organize Your Columns
Keep your columns organized within Grade Center.
How to access and grade your student submissions. (Please watch the Adding Assignment video above before this video.)
Grade an Assignment with a Rubric
Learn how to save time by grading your assignments with a rubric.
Working Offline with the Grade Center
If you want to work with your Blackboard Grade Center offline through Microsoft Excel, or if you want to back up your Grade Center, you can download the your course Grade Center as a spreadsheet file.
To download your grade center
- Navigate to your course. Under the Control Panel on the left hand side, click Grade Center, and then click Full Grade Center from the menu that expands.
- Hover over the Work Offline menu in the upper right corner, and then click Download.
- You’ll be brought to the Download Grades page. In the Data section, select the data you wish to download. You can select a specific column or the whole grade center (default).
- Select the options: Delimter type should remain as Tab. Including hidden information is optional
- Click Submit, and then click Download on the subsequent page.
You’ll be asked to specify where to save the file on your computer. The Grade Center will download as an Excel file. You can work offline editing and updating grades and then upload back to the Grade Center.
To upload the offline grade center file
- Save the spreadsheet file. Be careful not to change the original format of your spreadsheet file, as it may result in errors when re-uploading to the Grade Center.
- On the Grade Center, point to Work Offline, and then click Upload.
- Locate the file you wish to upload using the Browse My Computer button.
- Select the Delimter Type, and then click Submit. Use Auto to have the system automatically detect the delimiter.