Open Video Call
Private Screening – A juried exhibition of experimental video by New England artists
The deadline for entries is July 22, 2017 at 11:59 pm EST
ONLINE ENTRY FORM IS AVAILABLE HERE
If you have an questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read the guidelines for submission and terms of agreement before completing this application:
Download as a PDF
- All participants must fill out the online entry form.
- Videos must be submitted via wetransfer.com and the link pasted in the online entry form.
- There is no entry fee
- Each participant can submit a maximum of three videos, but only one will be screened if selected. Be aware that in the case of multiple submissions you still have to fill out one online entry form per video.
- Video files must be named after following example: year_title_firstname_lastname
- Only videos produced between 2015 – 2017 may be submitted.
- Videos must have a minimum duration of 2 minutes and not exceed 60 minutes. Longer or shorter videos will be disqualified.
- We will accept preview versions for videos over 30 minutes. It is not possible to submit new versions of a video after the deadline.
- We accept videos in the following formats: MPEG4, AVI and MOV. Videos must be submitted in separate video files.
- If the spoken language in the video is not English, please provide a translated transcript.
- Upload limit is 2gb.
- Please be aware that videos will be screened on a single screen 55″ monitor and we require an HD copy for screening.
- We only accept single screen works that can be presented in 16:9 aspect ratio. (Please use letterbox if your video is in formats other than 16:9)
- Participants must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to apply.
- Videos must be submitted no later than July 22, 2017 at 11:59 pm EST.
By completing and sending the online entry form, you accept the conditions below.
- You grant Boston University (acting through its Art Galleries (“BU”)) permission to exhibit your submission(s) at BU between the dates of October 10 – December 10, 2017.
- You are responsible for securing all rights, licenses, clearances and releases necessary for exhibiting your submission(s) at BU and any other use described in these terms (the “Uses”). You certify that you own your submission(s) and all copyrights and other rights therein or have obtained all rights, licenses, clearances and releases necessary for the Uses.
- You are solely responsible for the content of your submission(s).
- You grant BU the rights to use still photos you submit or to create still photos from your submission(s), to print or otherwise use in BU publications and other media, including the BU website for any purpose.
- You understand and agree that you will not receive any royalties or other payment in
connection with either the rights you are granting to BU herein or the use and dissemination of your submissions or the still photos described above.
- You agree that you have read and understood the guidelines for submission above and these terms.
- BU reserves the right to refuse submissions arriving after the deadline given above.
- BU reserves the right to disqualify submissions that do not conform to these terms.
- Applicants will be notified of acceptance by August 31, 2017.