What is Turnitin Feedback Studio?
Turnitin Feedback Studio is a web application for the grading process. It includes features to streamline the grading process, making commenting more specific. Student work can also be compared against a database of websites and previous paper submissions from within the course and other courses, as well as other schools and universities. Each paper receives an originality report that highlights passages similar to other sources and provides links to original sources. Students’ submissions are viewable only by the faculty member for the course.
Who can use it?
- Feedback Studio is available to all current Boston University faculty and the students enrolled in their courses.
- Students can only check their own work if they are enrolled in a course that has been set up in Turnitin by their instructor.
- The Similarity Report compares a paper's text to a database comprised of millions of pages of digital content, archived student papers, and professional, academic and commercial journals and publications.
- QuickMarks allow instructors to drag and drop comments directly onto a student's paper and can be combined with a voice memo or rubric criteria to provide robust feedback quickly.
- PeerMark assignments help students engage with one another through peer feedback and evaluation.
- Draft Coach allows students to check their own work using Google Docs
How do I access Turnitin Feedback Studio?
Faculty can set up Feedback Studio through Blackboard Learn.
- View introductory videos on Turnitin Feedback Studio.
- We have provided BU-specific text-based instructions for using Feedback studio through Blackboard Learn.
- Feedback Studio is the new and current Turnitin interface which combines Originality Check and GradeMark on a single screen. For more information about Feedback Studio, see:
- Additional video tutorials and how-to instructions are provided by Turnitin for both Instructors and Students.
- Windows® 7, 8.1, 10
- Mac OS X Intel v10.7+, El Capitan 10.11
- 1024x768 display or higher
- Broadband internet connection
If you are not using a supported operating system, it is recommended that you either update your existing operating system to the supported version or download the appropriate operating system for your computer.
- Internet Explorer 8.0 or 9.0
- Google Chrome 23.0 or later
- Mozilla Firefox 15.0 or later
Browser Settings & Information
- Set your Internet browser to allow all cookies from Turnitin.com
- Download the Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari web browser for free
- View a full list of features
- Watch support tutorials
- See the instructions for using Feedback Studio via Blackboard Learn
- Search Turnitin's Help Center
- Get Help From Turnitin Support
- Attend Live or request On-Demand webcasts
- Read the FAQs
- Review Research Studies
- Visit the vendor's blog
- Follow Turnitin on Facebook and Twitter
- Contact the IT Help Center if you have any questions or require assistance