Available to: Students, Faculty, Researchers, Staff, Departments
Cost: No charge
- See Getting Started, below.
Grading Support tools assist faculty with the process of evaluating student work. This assistance can take the form of integrity checking (i.e plagiarism) or features that automate or assist with repetitive grading tasks.
Grading Support tools help faculty ensure compliance with Academic Conduct Code and reduce the cost of grading on faculty time.
- Assists with academic integrity by detecting similarity of submitted student work to previous or existing work
- Provides tool to streamline and/or automate feedback processes
- Facilitating collection and distribution of peer feedback
What to Expect
This service normally will be available 24 by 7 except for standard change windows, as described in IS&T’s standard policies, procedures, and schedules for making changes.
- Google Assignments is an add-on application for Blackboard that enables students and instructors to more easily create and submit Google files types (i.e. Docs, Slides, Sheets). It automates the process of transferring file ownership back and forth between instructors and students and provides instructors with the ability to use powerful grading and commenting features. Grades are automatically synced with Blackboard’s Grade Center.
- Turnitin streamlines the grading process, making commenting more specific and allows student work to be checked for originality.
- SafeAssign via Blackboard is a plagiarism detection tool that allows instructors to check the originality of a homework submission.