Microsoft frequently releases security patches for its Windows software. Rather than doing the updates by hand, Windows will automatically detect and install these vital updates.
- Open Windows Update with the following path:
- Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update
- Here, you can manually check for updates by selecting Check for updates.
- You can also set when your active hours are, so that Windows will not install updates when you are actively using your machine.
- If need be, you can also choose to temporarily pause updates for seven days. After the seven days have elapsed, automatic updates will begin again.