Available to: Students, Faculty, Staff, Departments
Cost: No charge for Zoom Meetings. Charges apply for additional features. See Cost, below.
- See Getting Started, below.
Zoom Meetings provides a robust platform for online collaboration and meetings, pairing full video and audio conferencing capabilities with content sharing and cloud recording.
Zoom Meetings combines many collaboration and meeting capabilities in one single application. Schedule, host, or join meetings from your web browser or using the Zoom desktop or mobile application. Invite guests to meetings, even if they do not have a Zoom account. Zoom Meetings can also be utilized in different types of collaboration spaces, making it easier than ever to connect with peers remotely. And because Zoom is integrated with your existing BU login, you won’t need to create and track external accounts.
- Host meetings with up to 300 participants for as long as you would like
- Integrate Zoom with your existing Outlook or Google calendar
- Schedule Zoom meetings from Outlook or Google using the Zoom for Outlook or Zoom for Google Calendar Add-ins
- Assign participants to breakout rooms
- Share a virtual whiteboard
- Join meetings via a computer, mobile devices, phones, or H.323/SIP-capable telepresence devices
What to Expect
Zoom Meetings is a cloud hosted meetings solution, for which Zoom promises 99.9% uptime. See the Zoom Status portal for current service status and past incidents.
- Zoom Client for Meetings is available for Windows, macOS, and many Linux distributions. Detailed requirements can be found on Zoom’s System Requirements page.
- Zoom is available for iOS and Android. Detailed requirements can be found on Zoom’s Mobile System Requirements page.
- The Zoom Web Client supports joining meetings from your browser without installing a plugin and works best with Google Chrome. A full feature comparison can be found on the Zoom Web Client page.
- At minimum, hosts and participants in an online meeting should have:
- A broadband wired or wireless internet connection
- A microphone and speakers, or a headset
While Zoom Meetings is available for no charge, additional add-ons must be purchased and renewed annually:
|500 Participants||Increase maximum number of participants allowed in a meeting to 500 per host||Please contact us|
|1000 Participants||Increase maximum number of participants allowed in a meeting to 1000 per host||$940|
The cost of add-ons will be prorated at the time of request and is payable via Internal Service Request to IS&T – Systems Operations. To request an add-on, please complete this form.
- Log-in to Zoom Meetings to create your account. Students, faculty, and staff automatically receive fully licensed accounts.
- Departments and Affiliates: After logging in to Zoom for the first time, please submit a request to upgrade to a fully licensed account if your account license shows as Basic.
- Download the Zoom Client for Meetings from the Zoom Download Center and sign in with SSO
- Check out our Getting Started guide and integrate your Zoom account with other BU services
- Visit the Zoom Meeting section in the Zoom Learning Center
- Try a Zoom Test Meeting
- Contact us for assistance