Available to: Students, Faculty, Researchers, Staff, Departments
Cost: See cost details, below.
- See Getting Started, below.
MyMedia, an enterprise video platform, is a cloud based video streaming service for delivery of BU-licensed or produced content to authorized viewers. The platform allows management of audio visual assets and delivery via streaming media to multiple devices, anytime, anywhere.
Students can upload content to MyMedia via their Blackboard courses which have integrated with this service. Faculty and staff can upload content directly at mymedia.bu.edu.
My Media eliminates the need to manage physical copies of licensed video content and to distribute them to classrooms for instructional use. Additionally, this service supports the creation and management of course specific audiovisual instructional materials including the integration of this content into BU’s Learning Management System(s). Centralized administration of the streaming video platform with distributed management by individual schools, colleges, and departments reduces the need for multiple systems.
- Integrated with Blackboard Learn and Sakai (Questromtools)
- Upload of audio and video content in multiple formats
- Digital Rights Management
- Media Content Management
- ADA access compliant player
- Machine based captioning for videos
- Integration capability through use of open, documented interfaces with other core BU systems (e.g. Blackboard, Sakai, etc.)
- FERPA compliant for data and assets stored and accessed on the platform
- Granular security for user access and authentication
- Authoring and editing tools for creation and editing of new or existing content
- Analytics and metrics
- Central and distributed platform/content administration
What to Expect
This service normally will be available 24/7, with the exception of standard change windows, as described in IS&T’s standard policies, procedures, and schedules for making changes.
- Any content uploaded must be properly licensed and used in accordance with US and International Copyright Law
- Requires a BU login and Kerberos password to upload content
- List of Kaltura supported browsers and platforms
- No charge to individual users
- Departmental inquires should be directed to Educational Technology
Getting StartedView the Getting Started guide
- Students can only upload content to MyMedia via their Blackboard courses which have integrated with this service.
- Faculty and staff have access upon login through mymedia.bu.edu or an integrated Learning Management System (LMS)
- My Media Portal (faculty/staff only)
- Blackboard Learn
- Kaltura’s blog is a useful resource with a wide array of topics and tools including video production tips, best practices, case studies and webinars. For information visit https://corp.kaltura.com/blog/.