Install Zoom Calendar Add-ins
You can easily schedule Zoom meetings from your BU calendar using Zoom’s Outlook and Google add-ins. After installing the Zoom add-ins, you’ll be able to schedule Zoom meetings without having to leave your calendar application.
Installing the Zoom for Outlook Add-in
The Zoom for Outlook Add-in is automatically distributed to everyone with Office 365. If you aren’t seeing the add-in when making a meeting, or would like to remove it, use the steps below to manage your installation:
- Open Microsoft Outlook on your Mac or PC
- Confirm that you are actively viewing the Mail tab, indicated by the blue envelope icon at the lower left of the window.
- On the Ribbon, click the “Get Add-ins” button. On older versions of Outlook, this will be labeled as “Store.”
- Select “Admin-managed” from the menu on the left of the window that appears..
- Locate the “Zoom for Outlook” item in the search results and click the “Add” button.
- The Zoom for Outlook Add-in will now be available automatically on any computer where you have signed in to Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Web Access.
Scheduling a Zoom Meeting from Outlook
The Zoom for Outlook Add-in is accessible when composing a meeting invitation in Outlook:
- From Outlook, create a new meeting or event. Add your invitees, set the date, time, and recurrence of your meeting, and add a location if necessary.
- Locate and click the “Add a Zoom Meeting” button on the ribbon.
- Using Outlook through a web browser? When creating a new event, click the “…” menu at the top of the prompt to reveal the “Add a Zoom Meeting” option.
- If you are asked to sign in, click the “SSO” link at the bottom of the pane. Enter “bostonu” (or “bu-hipaa” if you use Zoom Meetings for HIPAA) in the company domain field. You will be redirected to a BU Login window.
- Configure your meeting options as desired. When finished, click “Add Zoom Meeting.”
- The Zoom meeting will be automatically created and added to your invite. Your invite is now ready to send.
If you need to update your meeting options, you can do so at any time from Zoom directly or by editing your meeting invite and clicking the blue “Settings” gear icon on the ribbon.
Installing the Zoom for Google Calendar Add-on
- Log in to your Google Calendar using a web browser.
- Click the “Settings” gear icon at the upper right, then select “Get add-ons”
- In the “Search Calendar Add-ons” box, search for “Zoom” and select “Zoom for GSuite.”
- Click the “Install” button.
- Confirm which account you will be installing the Zoom add-on to. You will then be asked to approve the access required for the Zoom add-on. Click “Allow” to finish the installation.
- The Zoom for Google Calendar is now installed and ready for use the next time you create a meeting with conferencing enabled.
What about the Zoom Plugin for Microsoft Outlook?
Zoom has discontinued feature development for the Zoom for Outlook Plugin. Whenever possible, we recommend using the Zoom for Outlook Add-in.