call for editors
The Editorial Board for SEQUITUR is seeking applications for two- and one-year appointments! The deadline for applications is
Tuesday, May 31 at 11:59 p.m.EST [EXTENDED] Friday, June 10 at 11:59 p.m. EST. If you are interested, please see below. For more information about SEQUITUR, visit here.
SEQUITUR solicits interest from current HAA graduate students to serve two- or one-year appointments on the Editorial Board of its graduate student journal. Terms of service begin on June 1st, 2022, and end on May 31st of either 2023 or 2024. Editors do not need to reside in Boston, but must be willing to Zoom into meetings.
Four positions on the Board are open for the coming year:
- Three Junior Editor positions, with commitment to a two-year term.
- Internal annual promotions from Junior Editor to Senior Editor positions are expected.
- Duties will include content- and copyediting all accepted submissions, attending all SEQUITUR Editorial Board meetings, and fulfilling all administrative duties of the journal as required.
- One Editorial Assistant position, with commitment to a one-year term.
- This position has been designed to be filled by a current terminal MA student in the HAA department.
- Duties will include editing all final copy of the biannual journal ahead of publication and attending all SEQUITUR Editorial Board meetings. The Editorial Assistant may also help Junior and Senior Editors with content editing and fact-checking.
All members of the Editorial Board oversee the production and biannual publication of the journal, including: crafting timely calls for submissions, attending biannual content meetings, generating and adhering to production schedules, maintaining governance standards, and equitably dividing editorial duties and administrative tasks. Members of the Editorial Board must also avoid any possible conflict of interest with their duties and responsibilities as members.
Candidates should meet the following requirements:
- They must be currently registered graduate students in HAA at Boston University.
- Strong preference will be given to those with previous experience in academic writing and editing and/or website development. Candidates who possess broad academic backgrounds in art and architectural history are especially desired as the journal receives submissions from a variety of subfields.
- They must be able and willing to commit to the terms of their appointment (this includes summer).
- They must be current members of GSHAAA.
The Senior Co-Editors for 2022-2023 are Shannon Bewley, Sarah Horowitz, and Sybil Johnson.
To be considered, please submit:
- Statement of interest in the position (2 pages max.) which includes: an outline of your relevant skills, including editorial or website experience, as well as confirmation of your GSHAAA status, GSHAAA positions, and other departmental positions to be held during the coming academic year (if known)
- Current CV
Applications should be emailed to: email@example.com by
May 31 at 11:59 p.m. EST [EXTENDED] Friday, June 10 at 11:59 p.m. EST. Please use the subject heading: CALL FOR EDITORS. Applicants will be notified of decisions in early June. The appointments begin immediately, and the new Editorial Board will begin meeting in early summer 2022.