Boston University Photonics Center
The Boston University Photonics Center generates fundamental knowledge and develops innovative technology in the field of photonics. We work on challenging problems that are important to society, we translate enabling research discoveries into useful prototypes, and we educate future leaders in the field.
The mission is executed through:
- Basic research and scholarship in photonics.
- Academic and entrepreneurial programs and initiatives for students.
- Technology development for healthcare, defense, and security applications.
- Business innovation and commercialization of photonics technology.
The Photonics Center community of faculty, students, and staff engage in numerous interdisciplinary collaborations to further the field.
- Irving Bigio | Minimally-Invasive Research-Oriented and Clinical Tools
- Ji-Xin Cheng | Molecular Spectroscopic Imaging Research
- Shyamsunder Erramilli | Biological Physics
- Jerome Mertz | Biomicroscopy Lab
- Siddharth Ramachandran | High Dimensional Photonics
- Alexander Sergienko | Quantum Research
- Anna Swan | High Spatial Resolution Spectroscopy
- M. Selim Ünlü | Near-Field Optical Microscopy and Spectroscopy
- Alice White | Fabrication and Packaging of Optical and Electronic Devices