Place scores, spoken word and music recordings, books, articles, and personal copies; send requests to email@example.com or ring 617-353-3705. BU Libraries Search shows the status of library items on reserve. These items are available for on-site use during library hours.
sound recordings via web links or via Blackboard.
- Create a site for the course on Blackboard.
- Add the Music Library (musiclib) as a course builder.
- Tell us the Music Library which recordings to include.
Create a course site
- Visit the Blackboard Learn help forms at www.bu.edu/help/blackboard/
- If prompted, enter your BU login name and Kerberos password to log in.
- Select the Create a blank site option in the lefthand menu.
- If more detailed help is needed, see the IS&T help page Find or create a course site
- You will receive email confirmation when the site is created.
Add the Music Library as a course builder
- Log in to Blackboard Learn at learn.bu.edu.
- Under My Courses, click on the course.
- In the left column under Course Management: Control Panel, click Users and Groups, then Users
- Click Find Users to Enroll
- Enter the name musiclib in the role of Course Builder, then click Submit.
Tell us the Music Library which recordings to include
- Submit the list of repertoire you would like to firstname.lastname@example.org (or indicate on your site)
- Include special performance or organizational instructions
Schedule orientations or arrange for support for courses, thesis writers, and research projects with Holly Mockovak or Marci Cohen by email or by phone (617-353-3705).
Your loan period for books and scores is 19 weeks with two renewals. Sign in to BU Libraries search to access your patron account, including renewing your own items.
Recordings may leave the library as needed. You may also send a list to authorize student borrowers for classroom presentations. Please send lists to email@example.com
To authorize your teaching assistants to borrow library materials on your behalf, submit a letter on official stationary, accompanied by your photo ID, at main circulation, Mugar Memorial Library (617-353-3732).
Naxos & More
If you are interested in creating a customized class listening list within the Naxos Music Library, please obtain your password from a supervisor at the Music Library.
In addition to the permanent audio collection, Naxos is one of several online audio subscription services. For more information, see Music: Audio & Video list.
Mugar Classrooms 203 and 205
Regular semester classroom scheduling for Mug 203 and Mug 205 is arranged via your school’s departmental room assignment coordinator who will work through the registrar’s room management system. Use your coordinator also for “one shot” inquiries. (Mugar staff cannot assign these rooms).
Capacities & facilities: Mug 203 seats 24, Mug 205 seats 42. Classroom technology is by the managed by BU Instructional Support and includes equipped with upright pianos, chalkboard, computer and overhead projectors, as well as DVD, VHS, audio CD and phono playback. Two VHS/DVD players with large monitors on carts, also on the second floor, can be readily transported. The wireless signal reaches inside the rooms. Use “house audio” for iPod playback or bring your own dock. Cables are provided for PCs but will need to be personally supplied for Macs. Classroom support can be arranged through Instructional Support or Music Library staff depending on the type of support needed.
The Scan and Copy center is located on the 1st floor of Mugar Memorial Library. Personal or departmental accounts may be established at any time. Contact the photocopy department of Mugar Memorial Library at 617-353-3722.
Carrels are located on floors 4, 5 and 6 of Mugar Memorial Library. Arrange for an assignment with Tim Riordin, Stacks/Study Carrel Coordinator at 617-353-3722.
We invite your continuing participation in the shaping of our collection holdings. Individual or committee collaborations might include: addressing needs for current or proposed courses, modes of accessing holdings, and identification of special purchases, gifts or donors.
Please also see our Collection Development Statement.
See BU Libraries Interlibrary Borrowing for information on using materials from other libraries.