We welcome back all language faculty and graduate students and extend a special welcome to newcomers to BU!
This message contains useful information regarding our services and support at the Geddes Language Center as everyone returns for on-campus learning. Please read it carefully and direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or to an individual staff member.
- Software support:
- Our staff are prepared to support the following widely used software tools: DiLL (The Digital Language Lab), Blackboard Learn, Extempore, Confluence Wiki, iSpraak, Perusall, Zoom, Google Assignments, Kaltura MyMedia, and many more.
- Our recently rewritten Software Tools and Resources page is a great place to discover these tools and access videos about how they enhance learning.
- If you are interested in exploring other software tools, please let us know so we can be of help.
- Reopening the language center – our hours are listed on the Directions and Hours portion of our website. We ask everyone to abide by recently updated campus-wide protocols when using the lab, lounge, classrooms, and other facilities. Many of our student employees are new this fall; please help us help them to make a smooth and easy transition to on-campus learning.
- Film acquisitions, screenings, and policies – a limited number of films for use in teaching can be considered for permanent inclusion in our collection by filling out the Film Acquisition Request form. Other requests for room reservations, film screening requests, etc. can be found under Faculty Requests. NOTE: we are returning to pre-pandemic policies regarding film use and streaming–please review our Films and Streaming Policy (sixth heading under About –> Policies)
- Podcasting station and video support – please fill out a Faculty Request if you would like to request video recording services. To learn more about podcasting projects now possible in the curriculum, email Frank Antonelli directly at email@example.com.
- Workshops – this year each Geddes workshop will have a pre-workshop handout or video about the presentation, allowing the live sessions on Mondays to devote more time to discussion and application in our various programs. In addition to the current list of Upcoming Workshops, Brown Bags and Events, please let us know if you have a specific idea or request for a workshop–we left some dates open for you!
- Geddes Mini-Grants – the deadline for 2021-2022 mini-grants has been moved to Friday, September 24th. Details and information can be found here.
Thank you and we look forward to working with you again this year!
–the Geddes Center staff