The Department of Earth & Environment offers two premier undergraduate degrees in the natural and social sciences:
The Department jointly administers one additional state-of-the-art undergraduate degree:
- Marine Science (with the Biology Department)
CAS & BU Hub Requirements
Students majoring in Earth & Environment have the opportunity to earn a professional master’s degree along with their bachelor’s degree in our signature BA/MA programs. Undergraduates majoring in Earth & Environmental Science or Environmental Analysis & Policy can earn a master’s degree in:
Whether in Australia, Denmark, or Washington, D.C., many Earth & Environment students take advantage of study abroad and other unique opportunities available at Boston University. Visit BU Global Programs to explore the full range of opportunities.
Experiential Learning Opportunities
Students can deepen their education in Earth & Environment through experiential learning that provides hands-on experience, often in direct contact with faculty members and their lab teams.
- Earth House Living Learning Community
- Regulated Community Compliance Project (RCCP)
- BU Marine Program and Marine Semester (BUMP)
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP)
Earth & Environment supports three student-led organizations that enhance the Department’s official curriculum with field trips, activism, publications, and camaraderie.
- BU Geological Society (BUGS)
- Climate Advocacy, Research, and Education (CARE)
- Environmental Student Organization (ESO)
For More Information
- Sayaka Yamaki, Undergraduate Program Coordinator
685 Commonwealth Avenue, Room 131C
(617) 358-0499 | email@example.com