Charles River Campus
Procedures for requesting routine maintenance or trades services are slightly different for students, faculty/staff, and tenants of rental properties.
There are three scenarios in which a user may need to request services from Facilities.
- Routine maintenance
- Non-routine maintenance
Non-routine maintenance includes things like moving furniture, event set-ups, changing locks, and renovations. The costs of these services are the responsibility of the department making the request. Use the list below to determine whom you should contact if you need to make a non-routine maintenance service request.
- Faculty/Staff—Contact your department’s administrator, who will be able to submit a Facilities Service Request (FSR) in CAMMS. If an authorized user needs to set up a new account in CAMMS, please contact IThelp@bu.edu.
- Rental Tenant—Contact Real Estate.
To request KN95 masks while supplies are available, submit a KN95 Mask Request. This form should only be completed by those requesting on behalf of their academic department.
Project & Space Requests
Emergencies are classified as situations that jeopardize life or public safety, or that render a space unlivable such as:
- Power outage
- Roof or ceiling leak
- Too hot/too cold indoors, and/or unusual noise or odor from heating/cooling vents
- Toilet stopped/overflowing
- Broken lock/lock-out
- Broken window or door
- Bodily fluids
- Chemical spills
- No hot water
- No water out of a fixture
- Drain not draining (backed up)
- Building system equipment failure