Two of my utmost passions in life have been teaching and learning about the structure of human body and its diseases. Here at BU, I combine those interests in teaching anatomy and physiology courses. A focus of mine is integrating active learning and study skills curriculum in large lecture courses. My current research focuses on the classroom. I investigate the role of group learning in critical thinking skill development and how student awareness about their learning impacts their assessment performance.
- Co, E (2019) The power of practice: adjusting curriculum to include emphasis on skills. Journal of College Science Teaching 48 (5): 22-27.
- Co E and Bhatnagar J with contributions from Oppelt S and Smith M (2017) Microbiology Lab Manual. Hayden-McNeill.
- Co E with contributions from Oppelt S and Smith M (2016) BI 114 Lab Manual, Human Infectious Disease.
- Co E with Oppelt S (2015) BI 114 Lab Manual, Human Infectious Disease.
- Co E (2014) BI 114 Lab Manual, Human Infectious Disease.
- Co E, Gormley M, Kapidzic M, Rosen DB, Stlop HAR, Scott MA, McMaster M, Lanier LL, Barcena A, Fisher SJ (2013) Maternal decidual macrophages inhibit NK cell killing of invasive cytotrophoblasts during human pregnancy. Biol Reprod, 88(6):155, 1–9.
- Mackewicz C, Yuan J, Tran P, Diaz L, Mack E, Selsted M, Levy J (2003) α-Defensins can have anti-HIV activity but are not CD8 cell anti-HIV factors. AIDS. 17: F23-32.
- Li JZ, Mack EC, Levy JA (2003) Virucidal efficacy of soap and water against human immunodeficiency virus in genital secretions. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 47 (10): 3321-2.
- BI 210 Human Anatomy
- BI 108 Fundamentals of Biology II
- BI 114 Human Infectious Diseases
- BI 211 Human Physiology
- BI 315 Systems Physiology