Declaring or Changing a Major/Certificate

University Policy

School of Public Health Policy

MPH students may update their functional or context certificate choice by completing a Certificate Change Request Form. Best practices for students contemplating a change include using the “what-if” function on degree advice to ascertain if the change will result in additional coursework beyond the 48-credit minimum required for the MPH degree and meeting with Career Services regarding the impact on their career aspirations. The Program Manager in the certificate program, a faculty mentor, and the staff in the SPH Registrar’s Office are also excellent sources of information and guidance.