School of Hospitality Administration Minor
The minor in Hospitality Administration is designed for students who want a general introduction to the concepts and practices of the hospitality profession. The minor can provide a supplement to a major in Business Administration and Management in the Questrom School of Business.
This minor is restricted to Questrom students, and is available to all currently enrolled Questrom students regardless of class year. Questrom students should meet with advisors in the Undergraduate Academic & Career Development Center (UDC) for further information regarding incorporating the minor into their curricula.
Required Courses (18–20 credits)
- SHA HF 100 Introduction to the Hospitality Industry (4 cr) (formerly SHA HF 200 Hospitality Management for Questrom Minors, 2 cr)
- SHA HF 220 Food & Beverage Management (4 cr)
- SHA HF 231 Human Resources Management for the Hospitality Industry (4 cr)
- SHA HF 270 Lodging Operations & Technology (4 cr)
- SHA HF 310 Managerial Accounting for the Hospitality Industry (4 cr)
Registration for all School of Hospitality Administration (SHA) courses is on a space-available basis.
No transfer credit may be used to fulfill the SHA requirements.
Students must register for all SHA courses at the School of Hospitality Administration (928 Commonwealth Avenue), unless they have declared their minor in SHA, in which case they may register through Web Registration on the Student Link. For further information, contact the Questrom Undergraduate Academic & Career Development Center.
Students must submit a Concentration, Minor, and Graduation form to the Questrom Undergraduate Academic & Career Development Center at least one semester prior to their expected graduation.