Questrom School of Business Policy
Students must meet the following eligibility requirements in order to transfer to Questrom School of Business from another Boston University school/college:
- Attend a mandatory information session.
- Complete Questrom’s required gateway courses, QST SM 131 and FE 101. See below for important information on minimum grades.
- Earn a grade of B– or better in Questrom’s required gateway courses. If a student repeats a gateway course, the average of the two grades for the course must be at least a B– (2.70, the numerical equivalent of a B–).
- Attain a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.00 or higher. No exceptions.
- Resolve any Incomplete (“I”) grades in academic courses.
- Submit the IUT Application Form after you have completed each of the eligibility requirements listed above.
In order to achieve these requirements, please follow the steps described here.
Please note that only the first two graded attempts of a gateway course, including any attempt that results in a W, will be considered for the purposes of fulfilling this gateway criterion.
Students who earn less than a B– in either course may only retake the course once and must do so within the following semester or summer session. Non-Questrom students must have completed at least one semester of matriculated college coursework prior to enrolling in these courses and are encouraged to take them concurrently. QST SM 131 Business, Society & Ethics is a pre-/co-requisite to QST FE 101 Introduction to Finance.
Students who began SM 131 and/or FE 101 prior to June 2016 will be held to the policy in place at the time of their enrollment in the course(s). Students should refer to the 2015–2016 edition of the Boston University Bulletin for that policy.
Please refer here for full guidelines.