Services for All Individuals with Disabilities
To receive accommodations at Boston University a student needs to demonstrate a significant need. We set up accommodations on a case-by-case basis, individualized to each student and their CURRENT needs.
The Office of Disability Services (ODS) works to ensure equal access to all university programs and services. We do this by providing reasonable accommodations and modifications of our policies and procedures.
ODS also provides accommodations by:
- Provision of auxiliary aids and services
- Access to accessible and fully integrated University Housing
- Special dietary accommodations through Dining Services
- Career development, personal counseling, study skills and tutoring information, and academic support available through other campus resources.
- Access to staff at Disability Services for consultation on developing self-advocacy skills, organizing and managing accommodations, and developing a support system.
HOW IT WORKS
Here is what you need to know to get started! Three easy steps!
First: Print out a Request for Accommodations Form (RAF)
Second: Make an appointment for an intake with one of our Staff Members by calling 617-353-3658 or emailing email@example.com
Third: Bring your documentation to the meeting or feel free to fax or email it ahead of time. firstname.lastname@example.org Fax 617-353-9646
To request accommodations, you much provide current documentation of your disability.
Please click and download one or more of the forms below and have your provider fill them out. They can be emailed, faxed or mailed back to the office. We cannot approve accommodations without current documentation that demonstrates a significant need.
Learning Disability Verification Form
ADHD Disability Verification Form
Psychiatric Disability Verification Form, including anxiety
Medical Disability Verification Form
Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Verification Form, including concussion
Visual Impairment Disability Verification Form
Temporary Disability Verification Form