As of October 1st, 2018, Disability Services offices will be located at...
Services for All Individuals with Disabilities
To receive accommodations at Boston University a student needs to demonstrate a significant need. We set up accommodations on a case-by-case basis, individualized to each student and their current needs.
The Office of Disability Services (ODS) works to ensure equal access to all university programs and services. We do this by providing reasonable accommodations and modifications of our policies and procedures.
ODS also provides accommodations by:
- Provision of auxiliary aids and services
- Access to accessible and fully integrated University Housing
- Special dietary accommodations through Dining Services
- Career development, personal counseling, study skills and tutoring information, and academic support available through other campus resources.
- Access to staff at Disability Services for consultation on developing self-advocacy skills, organizing and managing accommodations, and developing a support system.
HOW IT WORKS
Here is what you need to know to get started. There are three easy steps.
First: Fill out the online Intake Form
Second: Make an appointment for an intake with one of our Staff Members by calling 617-353-3658. (Deaf or hard-of-hearing persons may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Third: Bring your documentation to the meeting or feel free to fax (617-353-9646) or email (email@example.com) it to our office ahead of time.
To request accommodations, you much provide current documentation of your disability.
Please click and download one or more of the forms below and have your provider fill them out. They can be emailed, faxed or mailed back to the office. We cannot approve accommodations without current documentation that demonstrates a significant need.
- Learning Disability Verification Form
- ADHD Disability Verification Form
- Psychiatric Disability Verification Form, including anxiety
- Medical Disability Verification Form
- Disability Verification Form for Mild Traumatic Brain Injury (mTBI)
- Visual Impairment Disability Verification Form
- Temporary Disability Verification Form
- Food-related medical conditions Disability Verification Form