Available to: Students, Faculty, Researchers, Staff, Departments, IT Professionals
Cost: In most cases there is no charge for use.
- See Getting Started, below.
IS&T designed and maintains a number of computer labs, both physical and virtual, including the University’s primary PC lab in the BU Common @ Mugar and the Linux Virtual Lab. Many schools and colleges also provide local computing resources designed to meet specific needs.
Labs provide convenient access to reliable computing resources and common software applications. They may offer access to applications required in certain areas of study or packages that you might need occasionally but not often enough to justify their purchase. Labs also provide an opportunity to learn about applications you might otherwise never have a chance to try.
- Convenient locations, most with printing, some with scanning resources
- Support staff to answer questions
- A variety of standard and specialized software
- Specialized departmental labs in some schools and colleges
- High performance graphics and visualization at IS&T’s Research Computing Computer Graphics Lab
What to Expect
Current BU login name and Kerberos password
- Visit the BU Common @ Mugar page to learn more about the University’s primary PC lab
- Discover IS&T’s Linux Virtual Lab
- Learn about IS&T’s Computer Graphics Lab, which offers specialized computer graphics hardware including a Deep Vision Display Wall
- See the departmental labs page for links to the labs in various departments and College
- Contact us for more information