What is Turnitin Feedback Studio?
Turnitin Feedback Studio is a web application for the grading process. It includes features to streamline the grading process, making commenting more specific. Student work can also be compared against a database of websites and previous paper submissions from within the course and other courses, as well as other schools and universities. Each paper receives an originality report that highlights passages similar to other sources and provides links to original sources. Students’ submissions are viewable only by the faculty member for the course.
Who can use it?
- Feedback Studio is available to all current Boston University faculty and the students enrolled in their courses.
- Students can only check their own work if they are enrolled in a course that has been set up in Turnitin by their instructor.
- OriginalityCheck compares a paper’s text to a database comprised of millions of pages of digital content, archived student papers, and professional, academic and commercial journals and publications.
- GradeMark lets instructors to provide feedback with drop-and-drag marks, voice comments and rubrics.
How do I access Turnitin Feedback Studio?
Faculty can set up Feedback Studio in either of two ways: through Blackboard Learn or directly through the Turnitin website. An instructor should choose one of these methods for each course and stick to it, as they are not entirely compatible. We recommend using Blackboard Learn, as all of Feedback Studio’s features are available through Blackboard Learn and the process of signing up is easier.
- We have provided BU-specific text-based instructions for using Feedback studio through Blackboard Learn and through the Turnitin.com site.
- Feedback Studio is the new and current Turnitin interface which combines Originality Check and GradeMark on a single screen. For more information about Feedback Studio, see:
- Video tutorials and how-to instructions are provided by Turnitin for both Instructors and Students.
- Microsoft® Windows® Vista Service pack 1, Windows® 7
- Mac OS X v10.4.11+
- 3GB of RAM or more
- 1,024×768 display or higher
- Broadband internet connection
If you are not using a supported operating system, it is recommended that you either update your existing operating system to the supported version or download the appropriate operating system for your computer.
- Internet Explorer 8.0 or 9.0
- Google Chrome 23.0 or later
- Mozilla Firefox 15.0 or later
Browser Settings & Information
- Set your Internet browser to allow all cookies from Turnitin.com
- Download the Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari web browser for free
- View a full list of features
- Learn the Feedback Studio interface:
- Watch support tutorials
- See the instructions for using Feedback Studio via Blackboard Learn
- See the instructions for using Feedback Studio via Turnitin.com
- Search Turnitin’s Help Center
- Attend Live or request On-Demand webcasts
- Read the FAQs
- Review White Pages and Research Studies
- Visit the vendor’s blog
- Follow Turnitin on Facebook, Twitter or Google+
- Contact the IT Help Center if you have any questions or require assistance