Available to: Students, Faculty, Researchers, Staff, Departments, IT Professionals
Cost: In most cases there is no charge for use.
- See Getting Started, below.
IS&T designed and maintains a number of computer labs, both physical and virtual, including the University’s primary PC lab in the BU Common @ Mugar and the Linux Virtual Lab. Many schools and colleges also provide local computing resources designed to meet specific needs.
Labs provide convenient access to reliable computing resources and common software applications. They may offer access to applications required in certain areas of study or packages that you might need occasionally but not often enough to justify their purchase. Labs also provide an opportunity to learn about applications you might otherwise never have a chance to try.
- Convenient locations, most with printing, some with scanning resources
- Support staff to answer questions
- A variety of standard and specialized software
- Specialized departmental labs in some schools and colleges
What to Expect
Current BU login name and Kerberos password