The American Society of International Law (ASIL), in co-sponsorship with its Academic Partner Boston University School of Law, will host a unique forum that will expose law students and new legal professionals to experienced international practitioners. The event will begin with a brief introduction of the panelists and several questions presented by D. Wes Rist, ASIL’s Director of Education and Research, designed to provide insight into professional development opportunities, as well as to illustrate the various avenues the panelists took into international legal practice. Following the group discussion, each panelist will “host” a table where a small group of students can spend 10-12 minutes asking more personal, directed questions of the participants. Students will then be able to rotate to a new table, gaining the chance to learn about several different avenues of international employment. The 90-minute speed mentoring event will be followed by a networking reception from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m.
Participating Panelists include:
- Aloke Chakravarty, Assistant U.S. Attorney, Anti-Terrorism & National Security Unit
- Elizabeth Holland, Associate, Foley Hoag LLP
- Lisa Laplante, Professor, New England School of Law, founder and former deputy director, Praxis Institute for Social Justice
- Kevin Saunders, Deputy General Counsel, ACCION
- Marie Sheldon, Senior Acquisitions Editor for Int’l Law and Int’l Relations, Brill Publishing
- Lt. Col. Richard Sinnott, Defense Institute for International Legal Studies, U.S. Army
- …. And more to come, so stay tuned!
Register online at http://tinyurl.com/ASILBoston. Students of ASIL Academic Partner institutions, such as Boston University School of Law, must use their school e-mail address and the promotional code “BUSTUDENT” for free registration. For more information about ASIL membership or if you are having difficulties with registration, contact ASIL’s Member Services Center at email@example.com or +1-202-939-6001.