Reimbursement Procedures for Students and Guests

Expense Report Procedures

Reimbursement requests must be submitted within 30 days of a trip end date or transaction date. To request the creation of a Concur expense report, please fill out the department’s expense report request form.

Reimbursements will be sent by check to the address you supply in the form.

Uploading Receipts

Please upload receipts for all expenses in the expense report request form. If this is not possible, please submit receipts in hard copy. Tape each receipt to a separate piece of 8.5 x 11” paper.

Notes on Special Expense Types


Before uploading meal receipts, please mark all alcohol purchases on the receipt.

Office Supplies

Office supplies must be purchased by department staff and should not be requested for reimbursement.

If an exception to this rule must be made, please put a note in the notes section of the expense report request form justifying the purchase.


Personal car mileage costs can be calculated by multiplying the number of miles traveled by 0.54 (current rate for the 2016 calendar year). Keep in mind that mileage includes gas and toll expenses; if you are requesting reimbursement for mileage you cannot also submit receipts for gas or tolls.

Foreign Currencies

Concur will calculate the appropriate exchange rate for expenses, so please list individual expenses on the expense report request form in their original currency. However, to ensure that you know how much money you are requesting before we submit the report, please enter the final total on the form in US dollars. Exchange rates can be calculated here. Please use the exchange rate for the date(s) of purchase.

If a receipt is in a language other than English and is not comprehensible by an English speaker, please provide a translation.

Please email Laura Hubbard for any additional questions about reimbursement and expense report procedures.