The LLM Professional Development Office and Graduate Tax Program are staffed by experienced attorneys who provide career advising services to graduate students at BU Law. The Professional Development website is your online source of career advice, information and resources, and includes updates on future programming and downloadable copies of all of our career and bar-related guides. You can also check the BU Law online job posting site Symplicity and schedule an appointment to meet with the Professional Development staff in your LLM program.
ALP, BFL and IP students can contact the Professional Development Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us in Suite 1003. Click here to make an ALP, BFL and IP professional development appointment.
GTP students can contact the Graduate Tax Office at email@example.com or visit us in Suite 1004. Click here to make a GTP professional development appointment.
We can help you with:
- Resume and cover letter reviews
- Mock interviews
- Individual career counseling
- Career and job fair alerts
- Bar information and advising
- Professional development guides
TO DO FOR AUGUST/SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER:
- Attend the U.S. Job Search Basics and Resume Writing Info Session and Resume Workshop
- Read the LLM Resume Handbook and review U.S. resume samples. Then revise your resume using our U.S. resume template and get it reviewed
- Attend the New York Bar Info Session and carefully review the bar eligibility rules and the PD Office LLM bar handbooks for the bar exam(s) you may want to take
- Attend the International Student Interview Program (ISIP) Info Session
- Identify BU Law student organizations and groups in your target area(s)
- Join the Boston Bar Association (BBA) – for free – and attend BBA events
- Attend the Massachusetts Bar Exam Info Session
- Attend the Pro Bono Info Session, read the LLM Pro Bono Handbook and sign the online BU Pro Bono Pledge
View all events