The Department of Earth & Environment offers two premier undergraduate degrees in the natural and social sciences:
The Department jointly administers two additional state-of-the-art undergraduate degrees:
- Geophysics & Planetary Sciences (with the Astronomy Department)
- Marine Science (with the Biology Department)
The Department also offers multiple minors for interested students.
Students majoring in Earth & Environment have the opportunity to earn a professional master’s degree along with their bachelor’s degree in our BA/MA programs. Currently, we undergraduates majoring in Earth & Environmental Science or Environmental Analysis & Policy can earn a master’s degree in:
Many of our students also take advantage of study abroad and other unique opportunities available at Boston University, explore these opportunities on our Study Abroad page.
- BU Geological Society
- Environmental Student Organization
- BURECS (Boston University Research, Education, and Communication of Science).
- Earth House
Many opportunities exist for undergraduate research relating to one or more of the four major research and graduate program areas:
- Biogeosciences & Climate
- Energy, Environment & Society
- Geology, Geochemistry & Geophysics
- Geographical Sciences
Contact individual faculty for research opportunities. Also, be sure to check out BU’s undergraduate research program, UROP.
For more information, contact:
- Sayaka Yamaki, Undergraduate Program Coordinator
CAS 131C, 685 Commonwealth Avenue
Phone: 617-358-0499; email: firstname.lastname@example.org