Thank you for your interest in the programs offered by the MET Computer Science Department.
For undergraduate program admissions information please contact:
Boston University Metropolitan College Undergraduate Student Services
755 Commonwealth Avenue | Room 102 | Boston, MA 02215
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Office: 617-353-2980
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS for Graduate Programs and Certificates include:
- Online Application Form
- Official undergraduate transcripts as well as any relevant graduate course work.
- Three letters of recommendation (2 letters of recommendation for graduate certificate programs) It is required that one be an academic reference if the student has graduated or engaged in post-graduate education in the past three years.
- Admissions essay
- Professional resume
- $80 application fee ($25 fee for graduate certificate programs)
- Scores from Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) [Institution Code: 9034] or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) are required for applicants who do not have English as a native language and who did not graduate from an institution where English is the language of instruction.
- Minimum English Language Proficiency Scores:
Paper Based TOEFL (PBT): 550
Computer Based TOEFL (CBT): 215
Internet Based TOEFL (iBT):
INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS must also submit the following materials:
- International Student Data Form or International Applicant Coversheet
- Authorized financial statement from a bank covering the 9 month estimate of expenses (original, shown in U.S. dollars)
- Copy of current I-20 and I-94, both sides (if applicable)
- Letter of financial support from sponsor (firm, government, parents, etc.)
- Notarized English translations of all documents not in English
- All mail in application items may be sent to:
MET Computer Science Department
808 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02215
- Admissions Deadlines- The Department of Computer Science has rolling admissions and accepts applications throughout the year. International students requiring a visa are encouraged to submit all necessary documents at least six weeks prior to the semester start date.
- Admissions Decision- Applicants can typically expect to receive an admissions decision within two to four weeks.
- Transfer Credit- A maximum of two graduate-level courses (8 credits) from at a regionally accredited college or university will be accepted towards graduate degree requirements. In order for transfer credits to be approved they must not have been used towards a previous degree. You must submit a Transfer Credit Form.
- Courses- Current course offerings by semester are available on Student Link through the “Academics – University Class Schedule” tab (School:MET, Department:CS).
- Tuition- Current tuition rates may be found online.
- Financial Aid- Learn more about Graduate Financial Aid online or from the Graduate Financial Aid office at 617-358-3993.
- A maximum of two graduate-level courses (8 credits) taken at Metropolitan College before acceptance into the program may be applied toward the Master’s degree.
- A maximum of two graduate-level courses (8 credits) taken at Metropolitan College before acceptance into the program may be applied toward the Graduate Certificates.
For further information regarding admissions, please contact: