Thank you for your interest in the programs offered by the MET Computer Science Department.
For undergraduate program admissions information please contact:
Boston University Metropolitan College Undergraduate Student Services
755 Commonwealth Avenue | Room 102 | Boston, MA 02215
Email: email@example.com | Office: 617-353-2980
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS for Graduate Programs and Certificates include:
- Online Application Form
- Official undergraduate transcripts as well as any relevant graduate course work.
- Three letters of recommendation (2 letters of recommendation for graduate certificate programs) It is required that one be an academic reference if the student has graduated or engaged in post-graduate education in the past three years.
- Admissions essay
- Professional resume
- $85 application fee ($25 fee for graduate certificate programs)
- Scores from Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) [Institution Code: 3087] or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) are required for applicants who do not have English as a native language and who did not graduate from an institution where English is the language of instruction.
- Minimum English Language Proficiency Scores:
Paper Based TOEFL (PBT): 550
Computer Based TOEFL (CBT): 215
Internet Based TOEFL (iBT):
INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS must also submit the following materials:
- Your completed International Student Data Form (ISDF) or your International Applicant Coversheet. Fill out the following information completely and accurately:
- Enter your name exactly as it appears in your passport, even though you may have more than one way of spelling your name (especially in English).
- Enter your date of birth in the American format: month, day, and year (MM/DD/YYYY). For example, May 12, 1978, should be written 05/12/1978.
- Answer every question.
- Sign and date the form.
- A copy of the biographical page of your passport
- Copies of all of your immigration documents if you are currently in the U.S.
- Required financial documentation demonstrating your ability to pay for your expenses at Boston University
- Admissions Deadlines- The Department of Computer Science has rolling admissions and accepts applications throughout the year. International students requiring a visa are encouraged to submit all necessary documents at least three months prior to the semester start date.
- Admissions Decision- Applicants can typically expect to receive an admissions decision within two to four weeks.
- Transfer Credit- A maximum of two graduate-level courses (8 credits) from at a regionally accredited college or university will be accepted towards graduate degree requirements. In order for transfer credits to be approved they must not have been used towards a previous degree. You must submit a Transfer Credit Form.
- Courses- Current course offerings by semester are available on Student Link through the “Academics – University Class Schedule” tab (School:MET, Department:CS).
- Tuition- Current tuition rates may be found online.
- Financial Aid- Learn more about Graduate Financial Aid online or from the Graduate Financial Aid office at 617-358-3993.
- A maximum of two graduate-level courses (8 credits) taken at Metropolitan College before acceptance into the program may be applied toward the Master’s degree.
- A maximum of two graduate-level courses (8 credits) taken at Metropolitan College before acceptance into the program may be applied toward the Graduate Certificates.
For further information regarding admissions, please contact:
On Campus/Blended Admissions -
Academic Program Coordinator
Online Admissions -