Incomplete Coursework

University Policy

Division of Graduate Medical Sciences Policy

Incomplete Coursework and Failing Grades

When the work of a course has not been completed within the semester of registration, the grade of I is used. A grade of I can only be given if a student is doing passing work. This automatically becomes a permanent I (unsatisfactory grade) unless the coursework is completed within the following calendar year. Grades of I and C+ or lower are interpreted as failures. A student receiving such grades in total of 8 credit hours is terminated. A student receiving a failing grade will not be permitted to take a make-up examination.