BA in Mathematics & Philosophy
This degree program is for students who wish to combine the fields of mathematics and philosophy, usually with an emphasis on logic.
- CAS MA 123 and MA 124, or equivalent (CAS MA 127 or MA 129 or advanced placement)
- CAS MA 225 or MA 230
- CAS MA 293
- CAS PH 100 or PH 110
At least six courses in mathematics and six courses in philosophy with a grade of C or higher are required.
Required Mathematics Courses
- CAS MA 242 or MA 442
- CAS MA 531 and MA 532
- CAS MA 411–412 or MA 511–512
- Any one of the following: CAS MA 294 or MA 341; or any course numbered 400 or higher
Required Philosophy Courses
- CAS PH 468
- Three courses in philosophy above the 100 level
- Any two of the following: CAS PH 422, PH 443, PH 460, PH 474
Students in this major should have advisors in both the Mathematics & Statistics Department and the Philosophy Department.