Undergraduate Fieldwork Opportunities
Undergraduate students at BU Wheelock College of Education & Human Development have access to a variety of settings for practicums, internships, and other fieldwork experiences. BU Wheelock has fostered partnerships with a number of urban and suburban districts such as Boston, Chelsea, Quincy, Brookline, and Newton public schools, as well as community organizations that offer sites and supported settings for fieldwork experiences.Some of these settings include:
- More Than Words: A nonprofit social enterprise that empowers young adults who are in the foster care system, court-involved, homeless, or out of school.
- Sociedad Latina: This organization strives to end the cycle of poverty, inequality in access of health services, and lack of educational and professional opportunities in the Latino community.
- Women’s Lunch Place: A safe, welcoming day shelter community for women who are experiencing homelessness or poverty.
- Boston Children’s Hospital, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and more
- Department of Youth Services, the EdLaw Project, and more