The new self service My Directory Listing application allows members of the BU community to easily change their email forwarding settings. The changes made through the application will override any email client specific settings and assist in consolidating where emails are sent to. Possible email forwarding locations are: BU Google, Office365 Outlook, or a personal email address.
How to change your email forwarding settings:
- Please go to the My Directory Listing website here.
- Make sure you have a personal email address entered as this is required to make any changes.
- Your email address on file may already be populated. If you are a compensated employee who joined the university prior to 2011, your supervisors email address may be displayed. You should modify this to reflect your actual personal email address.
- Go to the section labelled “Email Delivery” and check the box “adjust email delivery”.
- Use the drop down to choose where your mail should be delivered. This dropdown will only show your available options so you may not see all four options. Here are descriptions of the options available: Default: This is the default email forwarding settings for all first time My Directory Listing clients which can have various meanings. If you are first time client, the default is your current email forwarding settings. If you are not a first time client of the email delivery feature, switching your delivery option back to default will send your emails to go to the default mail forwarding option for your affiliation type. For students, this means Google; for employees, this means Exchange/Outlook.
- Personal Email Address: This will forward your BU emails to your personal email address that you have inputted in the above section.
- Google: This will forward your BU emails to your BU Google inbox which can be accessed at bu.edu/google or directly at Gmail.
- Exchange: This will forward your BU Emails to your Outlook Office365 inbox which can be accessed here.
- Click on the “Update My Personal Information” button at the bottom of the page to save the changes.