Available to: Students, Faculty, Researchers, Staff
Cost: No charge for Google or OneDrive. BU Dropbox licensing cost may apply for the school, college or department based upon total usage in your school/department.
- See Getting Started, below.
Cloud File Storage provides a secure, cloud-based, storage environment for an individual’s files. Multiple platforms are available including Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive for Business in Office365, and Dropbox. Cloud File Storage is designed for an individual’s storage need, not for departmental storage. Departmental storage is best served via Network File Storage or Microsoft SharePoint Online in Office 365.
Leveraging cloud-based file storage allows access to your files from anywhere. Mobile apps are available for iOS and Android in addition to desktop sync applications. Files may also be accessed through a web browser. All of your data is safely and securely stored in the cloud in multiple locations. You can easily share your files with other students, faculty, and staff on campus, as well as external collaborators.
- Access files via Windows, Mac OS, Linux, iOS, or Android
- Leverage (optional) sync programs to have a copy of files both on your device and in the cloud
- Share files quickly and easily
- The service(s) is hosted at secure, off-site locations at highly available data centers.
- Store large amounts of data (1TB +plus, depending on configuration)
What to Expect
This service normally will be available 24 by 7 except for standard change windows, as described in IS&T’s standard policies, procedures, and schedules for making changes.
- Must use an updated version of one of the major four browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Safari
- BU One Drive is approved for all data types except ITAR.
- BU Google Drive is approved for Confidential data, but not Restricted Use data.
- BU Dropbox is approved for Confidential data and Restricted Use data, but not HIPAA or ITAR.